I identified a few key things that I need to work on in my life to improve on myself majorly. The prioritized list I will be working off is below:
- Develop a reading schedule: financial, self motivation, self esteem, writing and career related books.
- Schedule times for laptop gaming, internet and other non essential activites.
- Build a plan for improving my life in the categories of Al Mohler’s excellent piece – The Marks of Real Manhood.
- Develop a plan for regular bible study and prayer, determine a time and stick to it
- Document my peculiar sin vulnerabilities: identify the triggers and fight for the life of me!
- Identify two mentors – one in the workplace and one for my personal life. Set up weekly teleconferences or meetings as appropriate.
- De-clutter my life. Reassess all my people connections and downsize to a manageable number.
- Complete my MSc, identify critical modules I will require in the work place and read up on them before I get to resume work.
- Get a complete physical exam done. Identify any potential health vulnerabilities and ensure they are in line for focused attention.
- Maintain my weight – can’t afford to increase health risk levels by bulking up.
- Develop mechanisms for tracking and assessing need before expenditure. Consider adding a need assessment module to my excel tracking sheet.
- Read up on investment opportunities in Nigeria. Develop mechanisms for assessing investments and prioritizing them for action.
- Identify worthy causes and get plugged into a couple.
Hopefully, I will be able to state categorically at the end of the year that I have worked through the list.. I then shall measure effectiveness and decide which new directions I need to chase!